Improvements to My Organization
Dynatrace facilitates great live performance monitoring, allowing us to easily and visually detect problems before they become a large impact issue to the business. It is not uncommon to detect and quickly use various drill down options such as PurePath to quickly identify and provide initial analysis on problems.
- Creating different dashboards
- Sharing dashboards with edit permissions
- Simple classic but effective UI (unlike some modern UI's out there that have too much white-space)
- Wide variety of dashlets available to monitor various services/components
Room for Improvement
- Either use less system resources and be faster or use more resources to pre-compute the PurePath on recent X minutes of data
- More flexibility with refresh times
- More UI options
Overall, it's quite stable.
We haven't had a chance to change the scale much and will probably not scale up by any meaningful factor.
Customer Service and Technical Support
I haven't had to use it a lot.
Overall, it's very easy to setup on the client side.
Other Solutions Considered
We currently use Dynatrace in conjunction with another APM tool as well as a synthetic monitoring tool.
I would highly recommend it.