Dynatrace Review

DCRUM decomposes to the payload of transaction traffic and helps understand load patterns too

What is our primary use case?

DCRUM is no longer used by my team, due to lack of executive support.  Our primary use case was for post mortem investigation on application data flows.

How has it helped my organization?

We isolated to root cause on multiple occasions, identified performance bottlenecks in load balanced app infra, and delivered unparalleled usage and performance reporting for newly designed applications.

What is most valuable?

Agentless Transaction Analysis allows my team to granularly decompose complex operations and flows for business applications. Combined with SSL decryption, this capability helps my team to see the exact path a real user's transaction takes with meaning metrics captured at every hop.

What needs improvement?

Decodes on less used/popular protocols are available, but they should be included.  Additional investment should not be required.

More than five years.

In house

4 Comments

Top 5LeaderboardReal User

My team provides monitoring services for the most business critical revenue generating applications at our company.

Community Mgr

Randall, can you add a bit more detail to your review? I'm sure our community would benefit from more detail as APM is a very important market and Dynatrace is a prominent vendor in the market.

Top 5LeaderboardReal User

Hello Russell, Dynatrace is best known for its AppMon tool in the APM space. DCRUM is a complimentary tool from Dynatrace Company, like Dynatrace Synthetic (formerly Gomez). I would love to comment on DCRUM in its current version and how it can be used along side the other Dynatrace offerings, but my team no long uses it due to lack of funding to maintain or instance.

Community Mgr

Thanks for the additional info. I appreciate your sharing your review with the community.