Dynatrace Review
It is flexible enough to add desired measures and method level sensors into application code. We can see method-level details.

Improvements to My Organization

Dynatrace has significantly increased a lot of our troubleshooting capability. As IT support team spends less time, they can focus more on other things.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is that we can see every database call executed from Java applications. Since most of the workload of applications are database-based, it is important to see and analyze SQL statements. Dynatrace provides the ability to drill down to different dashlets and see what is going clearly, which is extremely useful.

The second valuable feature is that we can catch every transaction in our applications. It is important to see all requests end-to-end and have the visibility into performance that we needed.

Room for Improvement

If you have many distributed servers, you will need to install or migrate every agent. This can be a problem if you have too many, and it takes time.

Customer service is good but I got answers late for some tickets opened recently.

PurePaths that start from method sensors (method entry points) cannot be grouped in any application and displayed under DefaultApplication.

Other Advice

The product runs perfectly with our application servers and collects data that we needed.

Free 15-day Dynatrace Trial

Start free trial instantly. No credit card required.