Dynatrace Review

Correlates measures on devices with those on backend servers, giving an end-to-end view of transactions

What is our primary use case?

Analysis, PurePath comparison, database hotspots, user experience monitoring, agent overview, incident management, building charts/dashboards, business transactions, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Dynatrace helped us with root cause analysis of poor performing components of our applications.

With the Agentless monitoring and ability to create custom plugins, we've been able to transform the tool not just into a great APM solution but a really good enterprise monitoring solution too.

The product allows us to build preferred/customized business transactions to track complex transactions. UEM (User Experience Monitoring) agents track user experience on webRequests. The advantage is that Dynatrace correlates the measures on the devices with those on the backend servers, giving us an end-to-end view of transactions, from the user's phone deep into the backend servers.

What is most valuable?

• PurePath and PureStack Technologies
  • UEM
  • Drill down to root cause analysis
  • Deep insight into code, measures, and methods

What needs improvement?

RFAs submitted via the forum need to be answered or resolved quickly. This truly helps improve the product to the greatest degree.

Three to five years.