Dynatrace Review

What is our primary use case?

Monitoring our production systems and diagnosing the critical and difficult to find issues. Great tool for deep diving into performance data and tracking issues through all the connected systems to better diagnose and pinpoint the real issues.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool has been essential for monitoring our systems, gathering all performance data, and helping to quickly resolve difficult problems affecting our customers ability to process their work through our systems.

What is most valuable?

With Dynatrace PurePath information and performance data, we can trace through all our systems end-to-end. It is one of the critical features that we primarily use. This feature has helped us diagnose and resolve quite a few difficult problems affecting our customers over the years.

What needs improvement?

Dynatrace has been difficult to set up and use to diagnose problems in the past due to the complex nature of the tool. However, I have seen great improvements over the years to make this easier to do as well as the latest versions incorporating smart technology to more quickly help diagnose issues and pinpoint the problem. Looking forward to seeing continued improvements in this area.

More than five years.
More Dynatrace reviews from users
...who compared it with AppDynamics
Learn what your peers think about Dynatrace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarDon Ingerson
ExpertTop 5Consultant

Good article because it is very objective. At a previous company we used Dynatrace and the tool is so detailed you can get the details of the keystrokes of an actual end user when troubleshooting where a production situation occurred.