Dynatrace Review

Drill down and PurePaths identified time consumed by each class/method - and the bottleneck

What is our primary use case?

Our first use case for Dynatrace was application analysis to find the source of a performance problem on a critical management application.

How has it helped my organization?

Through analysis of transactions and transaction flow, we clearly saw the path taken by our transactions, and identified through drill down and PurePaths the time consumed by each class and method. The bottleneck was identified and the problem corrected.

What is most valuable?

Dynatrace's power lies in its ability to inspect and chart transactions, and draw the PurePath tree. The parameters of the requests and methods can be selected to access the necessary information for efficient analysis.

What needs improvement?

Some technical architectures are based on an event mechanism operating via a publish/subscribe system. APM technology sometimes reaches its limits to go upstream.

It should also be remembered that APM is often useful in production where problems are difficult to reproduce. You must be careful in using Dynatrace so that the overhead is limited.

6.5
More Dynatrace reviews from users
...who compared it with AppDynamics
Learn what your peers think about Dynatrace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.