Dynatrace Review

Helps us get to resolution quicker and understand what is happening for future identification

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case is to triage business applications and slow performance for our users. It is performing very well for now.

We have been a long standing customer for almost seven years, and using different tool sets from DC RUM to Gomez, and AppMon now.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us get to the resolution quicker, and potentially the root cause, and at least understand what is happening for future identification.

What is most valuable?

The ability to really drill into performance issues and help our application teams understand what is causing the business's problems.

AI is really important because there are so many different tools that we have, so much data being collected, and being able to really sift through just general users is difficult. Therefore, using some type of AI technology to help identify and pluck out the important parts, it is critical.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more external tool integration, which is critical for us. We are a best of breed, or at least try to be, customer for tools.

We would also like to see all the good data in a single view across multiple tools, so that access to integration is critical.

This would definitely gets us going forward in the right direction.

More than five years.

The stability is really good for what we have experienced so far. We have not experienced any downtime with our tool sets.

I have not experienced any issues scaling with the Dynatrace tools, however I have experienced scaling issues with other competitors' tools.

Over the years, they have been very good. Because of growth and popularity, it has been a little more challenging getting information, but they are knowledgeable once we do get them engaged.

We have used siloed monitoring tools in the past. We experience a myriad of issues from getting them configured to providing useful information, and also sometimes licensing issues. Overall, the usefulness of the tool and helping us fix problems became the issues.

We were using other competitors' tools. Now, we have been migrating from some of those other siloed tools, but we do still have a mixture of tool sets.

We are a longtime customer of Dynatrace. We started out with a single product, then brought in a second, and the third, so over time and seeing how the value progresses, we have substituted different tool set with Dynatrace tools.

The initial setup was reasonably straightforward. It was pretty easy to get deployed, and again, getting the value in a reasonable time.

We had someone from the vendor technical support providing assistance as we deployed.

Right now, we are migrating many of our things to Dynatrace. We have already made the selection. Other competitors fell short. Integration flexibility and dashboard reporting capabilities were some of the key issues that we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework. Test. Do your proof of concept(s). Be thorough in what you need and defining your reasons for looking at the tools. Even though everybody likes what they see, it may not be a good fit for what you are trying to accomplish.

The tool sets are great. They provide good information. You can always improve them with better data.

If I had just one solution which could provide real answers, not just data, the immediate benefit would be a single pane of glass perspective for the application in our environment. We have been striving for this consistently in the last seven to 10 years. It is absolutely critical. It is where we are working to get to: A single view which is telling us the problem, what to fix, and moving us on to the next problem.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: First and foremost is honesty. We have been in technology, and we, among many other teams within our organization, are a much more of a senior team. We have people that have been in the industry for 20 years or so. Just tell me what the issues are. We have the technical wherewithal to know how to work through them. Therefore, being straight up, honest, and having integrity as you are talking about the tools, demonstrating the tools, not only the highlights, but also the pitfalls and things that we need to work through. Have more transparency.