Dynatrace Review

What is our primary use case?

We are using it essentially for health check monitoring on the application that I work on.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves your reputation once you have a product out there in the market and what you are doing to keep it up and running. You have to make sure it is out there and the key benefit would be to keep your reputation.

What is most valuable?

It gives you a great level of detail into whatever the issue is: Using troubleshooting and getting to the root cause.

What needs improvement?

We do not have any web monitoring with Dynatrace, so this is something we are looking at. At the moment, we are using another vendor products for most of our web solutions. We are looking at how well Dynatrace works with web solutions as we use Akamai for most of our web monitoring/solutions.

It has been a pretty stable product.

It is pretty scalable. We are using it on most of our platforms, which are on a big scale and across the globe. The company that I work for is a global company, and the products that we use it on scale.

I have not used Dynatrace technical support.

I was not involved in the initial setup. I was not there at the time.

What other advice do I have?

If I had one solution that could provide real answers, not just data, the immediate benefit would be to save time while troubleshooting.

The siloed monitoring compared to Dynatrace: Dynatrace is more widespread, so you get to have diversity in every aspect of what you are monitoring. Whereas, siloed is more of being concentrated in a particular area, then you have to put the puzzle back in versus a non-siloed approach where you can get to the root cause directly.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Scalability
  • How accurate the troubleshooting and monitoring are.