Dynatrace Review

PurePath helps you pinpoint issues, then develop and focus them in the right way

What is our primary use case?

We are actually using it in the test environment, not in production. That is our use case. What we want to do is we want to test it and find issues either with our core or infrastructure before it goes live.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to fix issues rather quickly, by identifying then fixing them. Therefore, the efficiency of the organization has improved. We are spending less time fixing issues.

Business case: We had a problem with the previous solution where we were spending more time on it. That meant increased costs. Now, we are spending less time, so costs have decreased. That is how you improve the efficiency of the organization.

What is most valuable?

The ability to use PurePath in analytics is definitely the most valuable feature. It helps you pinpoint issues, then develop and focus them in the right way. It helps to fix them rather quickly.

What needs improvement?

I am more interested in the end-to-end performance system, not only the server site from the client's side.

For example:

• How much time is spent on the client when the user is interacting with the mobile application or even web application?
  • How much time each click took?
  • How much time the page object domain took to load up?
  • Even if it is a mobile app, when you interact with the app, how much time the control took to respond to it?

Right now, we use the Dynatrace library to build. Then, we would like to generate the overall transaction and the performance it has when the request is coming from different networks across different regions, different periods, and different parts of the world, like the synthetic monitoring solution. So, there are desperate systems.

What we would like to see is to make it easy, more automated with an easier way of doing these things. OneAgent is an easier approach which you just install it automatically into the installed application and it sends you the information. For the mobile clients, we want to get the end-to-end thing that makes it easier to set up, that will be cool.

Still implementing.

With stability, we have seen some issues. Then, we fixed them. So, it is stable now.

The scalability is another objective. We are trying to test the scalability of Dynatrace. We have seen some scalability issues because of the non-optimal users of the resources and the infrastructure, so we made it more scalable. So, it is acceptably scalable.

The role of AI when it comes to IT's ability to scale in the cloud and manage performance is very important. The AI definitely works.

Technical support is pretty good. Not only the technical support, but the upper managers, they are also very technically, savvy people. Most of them, not all of them are. Also, some of the sales accounts, they are able to find you the right technical people, if necessary.

In my organization, I am dealing with more than 20 applications. I have to scale with limited resources, so I needed a sophisticated tool to tell me where the problem is. Traditionally, I would be telling you that you have a problem. Now, I am able to tell you that you have a problem right now and what it is. That has made a big difference. I was looking for tool to do this, then I found Dynatrace.

The AppMon 6.5 is problematic in configuring. It is little finicky. When we configured the JVM, it did not work.

Sometimes, people are making mistakes, typos, or even if you just sit down you need to be in the light, either in the beginning or in the end. So, this is always a little problematic for us. The issue is not super small, but it is okay.

We are buying more licenses, because we are seeing more value.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise a colleague or friend to use Dynatrace.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• PurePath
  • Ease of use
  • The dashboard
  • Having the metrics easily understood and easily articulating the information.