Dynatrace Review

The OneAgent AI correlates multiple infrastructure competence transactions services and application processes

What is our primary use case?

I look into application degradation issues for mostly eCommerce, retail-based customers. The main agenda of it is to have a better user experience. When I look into it, Dynatrace plays a vital role. We use Dynatrace products to make sure that the applications are running per their guidelines as to whatever the application team designates. This is one of the key factors.

We have been having awesome responses and reviews from the customer. After Dynatrace was installed, there was a lot of outages that Dynatrace could actually catch even before there was a major outbreak within the ecosystem. So, we have been receiving good testimonial.

What is most valuable?

OneAgent, the new platform of Dynatrace, it is called artificial intelligence (AI), so basically that artificial intelligence correlates multiple infrastructure competence transactions services and application processes. It is one of the most important features, so when there is a fire break, you do not have to go multiple hops to go look where exactly the issue is. Dynatrace can do that because of its artificial intelligence.

AI plays a vital role in most of the customer's work that we have done, because all the implementation, Dynatrace OneAgent is on SaaS. Data is a limitation in human capability. AI takes care of a lot of things: autoscaling, you do not have to worry about taking care of the infrastructure, etc. Everything has been taken care of on the cloud. Most of the inputs we get from the AI engine, they are already integrated with Dynatrace.

If I had just one solution that could provide real answers, not just data, the most important benefit would be the AI engine which correlates your multiple infrastructure competence with any environment. The firefighting within the environment is quite less. There are days where we used to take close to 24 hours to find a problem by looking into multiple tools involving multiple teams. When you have a single tool doing all this, there is only one place to go look. From 24 hours, we have come down to one to two hours.

What needs improvement?

I was keenly looking forward to the next releases for this platform. I saw that they are going to release by March something which is really interesting, and I am looking forward to: How a user can replay a session. E.g., if I have access to a website, I can do a whole replay of the session and where it actually went wrong. Right now, there is a log analysis feature. This is maybe a little more deeper than the log analytics in comparison to other tools, like Splunk or Sumo Logic. If Dynatrace can come up with this replay feature, that would be great.

Technical support is good. Dynatrace OneAgent is a pretty new tool in the market. In comparison to other products that Dynatrace have, they are scaling up. We have been getting good resolution. We are quite happy with the support that they have been providing.

We have a plethora of tools within most of our customer places. When that is actually an issue or problem, the 24/7 team comes into play. If they do not know which tool to look into when there is a problem, they go into the network tool or infrastructure. Here, Dynatrace plays a vital role by correlating the network, infrastructure, and application telling you exactly what the root cause is.

We switched to Dynatrace because we were previously using an APM tool, which did not yield benefit, so then we had to look into other products.

The initial setup was straightforward. The documentation and the university helped on Dynatrace.

Surprisingly, it is quite expensive. That is something that we could always see: Improved pricing and the overall construct on how do we use each license in regards to usage of the tool.

On our shortlist, we did have all the competition for Dynatrace. We evaluate all the major three tools and found Dynatrace to be the best fit because of the AI and Dynatrace's innovation.

AI, ease of use, and SaaS were the things that we were looking for when selecting a tool and we found them all in this particular box.

What other advice do I have?

We have strongly evangelise to go ahead with Dynatrace OneAgent because we have reaped the benefits within the last six months. We have seen what Dynatrace can do and because of ease of use, SaaS based, you don't have to worry anything (everything is taken care of by Dynatrace), and the AI, the technology feature, functionality. We strongly recommend other customers to go with this product.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: We look into innovation. We look into the new feature functionality regarding what is coming. The Dynatrace platform comes with new releases every week. Every week they do an update, and every update is not just a normal update, it comes with a very strong feature, which is actually useful for the application's users. This makes them ahead of the technology.