Dynatrace Review

Drill-down to code level helps developers see exactly what happens, fix issues

What is our primary use case?

We wanted to buy a tool which would take care of monitoring our application performance. That's the primary reason we went for this product.

We've been using it for the past two months and so far we've been very good with using the tool. It's been very helpful for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We have moved up to the next level, and once we move on to the cloud I think it's going to be more complex to monitor. That's where Dynatrace is going to help us, with identifying problems.

The benefit is that it keeps track of the application. The better the application is going to perform, the better the users are going to do their jobs. When we work with the customers it's going to be really helpful.

Overall it's helped our business in time savings. When everything happens on time you move on to the next job or activity, where you focus on things you really need to focus on.

What is most valuable?

I like the drill-down feature, that it can drill down to the code level to point to where the problems are. It's also helpful for the developers to identify what exactly happens, rather than the operation team having to do so. It works well for the developers to fix issues, so that way it's very good.

What needs improvement?

There are certain features which were introduced today here at the Perform 2018 conference, like the playback. I was very much impressed with that. It's going to help us a lot. That was something I was looking for and that's what they did. The new features that were launched today were the ones that we were expecting, and we're quite happy with that.

I can't think of any limitations at the moment. It's too early for me to comment, it's only been two months.

Less than one year.

It's too early to comment on stability. It's been only two months so I'll have to wait on this.

I think scaling is going to be pretty easy. We're not up to that, so once we are in a position to think about the scalability we will take a look at it.

The technical support team is really good. We do have guardian services, the dedicated resource who works with us. We always reach out to him. The online chats have been effective. The webpages, the university where we can go and have a look at solutions and the like, have been very helpful so far. The technical team has been very good with support.

We have not used any tools before this one, not siloed or otherwise.

We went to a consultant to tell us which is the best product on the market. We read some reviews and we came up with Dynatrace, that it would be the apt product, based on feedback and information from the other resources. That's why we zeroed in on Dynatrace.

I was not involved from the first phase. I got involved only in the middle of the project, so I really can't comment on this. But from when I got involved, I think it has been pretty good. I would have to ask colleagues who did the other parts to check how they were.

AppDynamics. I think it's easier to work with Dynatrace, right from the installation, and I thought Dynatrace was better than AppDynamics working with SAP.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to the nature of digital complexity I think the role of AI, when it comes to IT's ability to stay natural and manage performance, is very important. The AI of Dynatrace is really excellent. It would be very difficult without Dynatrace AI, so I think it's very important.

I would definitely say go with Dynatrace. I also like Dynatrace because of their integration with other products like ServiceNow. It's very good. And again, working with SAP HANA it's very good so. So, overall I recommend Dynatrace.