Dynatrace Review

Analyzes which parts of the application are slower than others

What is our primary use case?

We use Dynatrace to detect where we can improve performance. We use AppMon to do that. We're just getting started, in the past six months is when we started using Dynatrace, so we don't have definitive results yet, but we have definitely identified problem points that we can work on.

How has it helped my organization?

It's given us a lot better insight into how our application performs.

What is most valuable?

The fact that it can really analyze what parts of the application are slower than others.

What needs improvement?

I like that the new version has aggregated Waterfall, but I'm told that it's not gonna come to AppMon. I would like that to happen to AppMon.

I would give AppMon an eight. And the reason I don't rate it higher is that the learning curve on the tool is... You have to have some experience with it to be able to figure out where to find things, and the best way to get to things. But once you know that, it's a really good tool.

I would recommend Dynatrace. I don't have any problem recommending it.

I haven't had any problems with it working.

We have a pretty small environment, so we don't have scalability problems.

We had training from them and they're all been knowledgeable. I'm happy with the training that they provided. Their support people are responsive.

We really didn't have anything. We went to an APM because we had a concerted effort to improve application performance. Dynatrace seemed like it was the best solution for the problem. It covered what we wanted and more.

It was complex, but well-documented. Getting AppMon set up has a lot of moving parts, but they're all documented and it went relatively smoothly.

There was SOASTA and one other.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have any personal experience with AI in IT, but I can see that, as environments get more complex, it will definitely help with finding problems.

If we had just one solution that could provide real answers, and not just data, on our ops side it would help because they use that to dig out the root cause of problems.

When we look at a vendor we're mainly looking to see that their product does what we want it to do, that we can analyze performance problems and that it gives us good feedback on where we can improve things.