Dynatrace Review

It can monitor our entire infrastructure on AWS

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case is EMI, which is application monitoring. Our enterprise management infrastructure is supported by Dynatrace.

How has it helped my organization?

Dynatrace has been catering to AWS, and we moved into AWS. This resulted in us being pleased with the product.

Dynatrace has solved our problems.

What is most valuable?

The view it provides for default analysis is very nice. The way in which it showcases how the metrics have been captured and how lucidly that they are displayed. This is a good thing to have from a technical and non-technical perspective.

What needs improvement?

For the manage services, they work on CloudWatch logs and are given CloudWatch logs only. I would like more collaboration with AWS and insight into CloudWatch services. This would be valuable, especially when detecting the fault of the root cause analysis. It would make the process go faster. Essentially, more integrated services with AWS would be of help.

Three to five years.

It is stable. We have not lost data.

It has quite a sleek architecture with respect to the number of instances that can become an agent.

As for its environment, Dynatrace is ready to scale. Our environment is huge. We have EMR clusters ranging from 100 to 200.

We regularly connect with the technical support and obtain input from them. They are nice to work with, so we have been happy with the service.

We worked with architects for the best way to configure our Dynatrace in AWS. We selected the managed architecture, and there are less configurations and costs of adoption with Dynatrace.

While it is quite good in respect to its functionality, there are few area in regards to pricing that they can look at how to possibly change. I have heard it's costly.

We did evaluate other vendors, like Datadog, who were also good. However, Dynatrace was implemented earlier, and we continued to use it because it was satisfying all our requirements.

Our requirements include:

• Overall monitoring.
  • Managed services of AWS.
  • Monitoring AWS Lambda.
  • Monitoring Amazon EMR clusters.
  • Getting an understanding about the different set of services that we are on. We have a managed architecture supported by Dynatrace, so we could adopt them very fast.

What other advice do I have?

Dynatrace is pretty good as they are the market leaders.

We started with the on-premise version. Now, we are moving onto the AWS version. From the perspective of analyzing Dynatrace, it was able to do the EMI for all our data services. It has worked out well. We have been happy with it.

It can monitor your entire infrastructure on AWS. I don't see an option why you should not use this product. If you don't have AWS as a requirement, then maybe re-evaluate. Otherwise, I am confident in the product.

1 visitor found this review helpful