Dynatrace Review

Auto-baseline detection for the API performance issues has helped to improve my organization

What is our primary use case?

We use Dynatrace to monitor the API performance of the server.

How has it helped my organization?

Dynatrace has an auto-baseline and uses AI to monitor the performance of each API. The response time is related to the baseline.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the auto-baseline because I don't have to set it with Dynatrace. With New Relic, we had some problems with the configuration.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the same features as in the New Relic Insights in the dashboard. That is the only thing I want to see improved in Dynatrace.

Dynatrace is quite stable. I don't have any issues with it. With Dynatrace we need to upgrade and restart often. New Relic is more stable than Dynatrace.

I have not had any issues with the scalability of either New Relic or Dynatrace. They are both quite scalable.

Currently, we get the vendor support directly. Their support is adequate.

Last time we were using another APM and the company discontinued the APM product, so we had to switch.

The initial setup of Dynatrace is quite easy.

We implemented the installation ourselves without any issues or problems at all.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor are the features and local support of the agency. Those two along with pricing are very important.

The reason we eventually chose Dynatrace was for the automatic (auto-baseline) of detection for the API performance issues.

We use New Relic as well in the same facilities.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate the software a nine out of 10 because they are able to help solve our issues for us even though we don't understand the system fully.

To make it a perfect 10, Dynatrace needs to implement the features from New Relic in the dashboard so that I can monitor my own performance. Even though New Relic is not as good as Dynatrace, I have to understand my own system. I set each parameter manually before every launch by five minutes.

I would suggest to prospective buyers to evaluate both Dynatrace and New Relic to see which features are best for your company.

If you are not sure about the system requirements, choose Dynatrace. If you understand your own system and know by seeing a network outline exactly what you need for support, then choose New Relic.