Eaton PredictPulse Review

The information it provides is very in-depth, helps me during weekly inspections, and notifies me of any trouble or any predictions

What is our primary use case?

We have three 93PM UPS systems from Eaton. We use it as backup power for the control systems that we have at our facility. We're pretty happy with them. We're pretty happy with the PredictPulse system as well that was installed about a month ago because since then, we have had two events where PredictPulse has notified us and cut our troubleshooting time down tremendously in each of these instances.

We have had these units for almost three years now. We have been very satisfied with the operation of these UPS systems. We have had two units in the past month since we've had this PredictPulse system installed that had issues where they needed to be repaired, but Eaton was able to come out and repair them in a very timely fashion. And we've been very happy with the operation of this equipment.

PredictPulse is a system that is hooked up to each of our UPS systems that notify us as the end-users of any faults, problems, or issues that might arise in the UPS systems during its lifecycle and during normal operations.

How has it helped my organization?

PredictPulse saved us time by helping to avoid downtime and other problems. It would take 20 minutes to an hour to try to figure out the problem, whereas we immediately knew where the problem was with the help of PredictPulse. It easily saves us hundreds of man-hours just for that downtime. For production, we did have production lost and that could be in the thousands to possibly millions of dollars.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that I can get on my computer and I can click on each of the three units that we have here in the facility. I can pull up all the information that I need to perform an inspection as far as gathering data, input voltage, output voltage, output current, and total input KVA frequency, and stuff like that.

We are very satisfied with PredictPulse's reporting in terms of the visibility and insight it gives us into our UPS equipment and how it operates. When something happens, we not only get an email to notify us but also a phone call. At the same time simultaneously, the Eaton technician gets the same notification and he is able to dispatch with the correct parts to come and repair the system.

I find the PredictPulse mobile app to be very easy to navigate. I have no problem with it and I enjoy using it.

The information it provides is very in-depth, helps me during weekly inspections, and also notifies me of any trouble or any predictions. We haven't had the system long enough to really be able to generate predictions to let us know battery life and stuff like that. In the future, I'm sure these predictions will come out and we'll be able to assess future issues that might arise.

Eaton's 24/7 remote monitoring has definitely helped to alleviate stress for us. It cuts down our troubleshooting time if there's an issue. We know exactly where to go when we're having a power issue because we've been notified, which is nice.

We had an issue over the weekend. My colleague knew exactly where the issue was so he immediately went to the problem and was able to go from there. But if he did not have that notification or knew that the problem was at the UPS system, then it could've taken him anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to figure out where the problem was.

If something happens where we need technicians to come as soon as possible to make a repair, they are here in a very timely manner. They leave pretty much wherever they're at and they come to help. We've been very satisfied with their service.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more voltage and current values. Input voltage has a phase to phase option and then there is a phase to neutral option for each phase and there are three phases. So it would be nice to see an average of each of those instead of just a voltage for each individual phase. If there was an average of those three, then that would be less math for me.

I'm sure as I use it more, I'll be able to come up with things that need improvement, but as of now, I'm pretty happy with the way it performs and how easy it is to navigate around the PredictPulse application online and on the cell phone.

I have been using PredictPulse for a month.

It's pretty stable. It's been pretty reliable so far.

No maintenance is required. It's, for the most part, very hands-off.

Their support is top-notch. They do a great job.

The communication between the Eaton technicians and my colleague is good. They're very good with communication and calling us, letting us know when they'll be here, when parts for these repairs are coming, and things like that. They're very personable as well onsite.

We did not previously use a different solution. We just did it the old-fashioned way and went up and visually put eyes on the systems and made sure there were no alarms on the screen. That was about it.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was very easy.

We had to install a couple of outlets coming from the UPS systems. That was very easy. And then the Eaton technicians came in and it only took them a day to install the routers and ethernet switches for our three units. So it took no time at all. It was very fast.

The pricing was nice. The whole reason we got into it initially was that they had a discount and so we jumped on that discount. But we're very happy we did because it has served us well so far.

There are additional costs. There's a yearly or monthly fee. I remember it not being too expensive. I remember it being worth the price.

The costs are completely worth it. We saved a lot of money figuring out where the issue was first because it significantly decreased our troubleshooting time during plant outage events.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend Eaton PredictPulse to reduce overall troubleshooting time. It's easy to view any information on the UPS system from anywhere. I can be at home and pull it up and view the UPS systems, all the values, and make sure that they're in a good state and not in alarm. That is definitely very nice. It's remote monitoring. They dispatch their technicians with the correct parts quickly. Sometimes I don't even have to call and they'll call me and tell me they're on the way.

I would rate PredictPulse a nine out of ten.

More Eaton PredictPulse reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Eaton PredictPulse. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.