EdgeVerve AssistEdge RPA Review

Provides good email automation and XL automation; lacks integration with third party tools

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is similar to what it would be if you were using UiPath, Automation Anywhere or Blue Prism. It's a typical RPA solution, it's deployed for a business process or any process that a customer wants to automate. We have a partnership with EdgeVerve and I'm a management consultant.

What is most valuable?

There are some typical features I like such as email automation, XL automation, some AI/ML capabilities that are evolving, but are not quite mature yet, and I like the website automation. The user interface is pretty good too.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved if it provided integration with third party tools like Python, native integration, which is very important. I'd also like to see AI machine learning, natural language processing capabilities built in to the solution. I think the support could also be improved.

I've been using this solution for about a year.

The scalability and stability are fine.

The support could be improved. I don't think their user base is large enough to go to a  community forum, for example, where there's a lot of users that can post questions and get responses from other users. It would be helpful if they had that option.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend doing a proof of concept and comparing this product to other mainstream products, like UIPath or Automation Anywhere, or another similar solution. I think it's worth doing a comparison of at least one other product for a particular use case before making a decision.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Infosys, UiPath, Automation Anywhere and others in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.