eG Enterprise Review
Topology view provides a visual representation of a service and quickly allows identification of errors or degraded performance.

How has it helped my organization?

An end-to-end view of infrastructure performance and the end-user experience greatly improves the responsiveness of IT, increases system availability, and improves user satisfaction.

What is most valuable?

The topology view which provides a visual representation of a service and quickly allows identification of errors or degraded performance.

The ability to diagnose issues directly from the alert screen is very valuable because it quickly leads to the root cause of performance issues.

What needs improvement?

The UI looks a little dated and could do with a refresh.

Some minor scalability issues have been seen but product tuning by eG resolved these issues.

Customer service and support are superb.

Customer service and support are superb.

We evaluated four solutions which specialise in Citrix monitoring and chose the product which provided the greatest depth of visibility and ease of use.

Initial setup and configuration are quite straightforward. Like all monitoring and alerting solutions, some effort is required to tune the product for optimal results.

The implementation was done in-house with assistance from eG support. As noted above, eG support is excellent.

ROI has not yet been calculated.

If using eG for virtual desktops, carefully calculate whether per named user, per concurrent user, or per server (for XenApp/RDS) is the most cost effective licensing model.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are both a customer and a partner of eG Innovations.
1 visitor found this review helpful