eG Enterprise Review

Monitors infrastructure elements from a single console

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is so simple to administer that we did not need a dedicated administrator. All system, network, and security administrators can configure the infrastructure elements.

What is most valuable?

EG monitors all infrastructure elements (all OS, all database, storage, network, and web server) from a single console. The configuration of the supervision is very simple.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in the alarm display console. To date, you must click on an alarm to see all of the associated alarms for an element type. This was as simple and statistical as visualization, if all the alarms were visible without having to click on them.

There were no stability issues.

The support of the eG editor supports the upgrades of the versions and the participation is always good.

Customer service is very fast and efficient.

Technical service is very fast and efficient.

We used Nagios before. Nagios requires a lot of time to go through to configure the items to monitor. Nagios does not allow us to supervise specific systems. For example, we can't supervise F5 and Unix AIX. We can do this with this solution.

The setup was very simple.

We implemented via a supplier. It was an average job, and this company closed. This is the main issue for us. There is no expert supplier of the solution in France. This does not allow us to use all the functionality of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend that you choose the eG Manager solution! Buy it now!