eG Enterprise Review

We use it to monitor all of our Windows platforms and servers

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor all of our Windows platforms and servers.

How has it helped my organization?

In my applications, I am just a user of it, I do not install it or modify it. We have a print application, and that print application, if something happens and/or something goes wrong, it will alert us to the problem so we can fix it in a short period of time.

Otherwise, our help desk would be flooded with calls from the users. This way we find that we are alerted to problems before it gets to that point.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to monitor failures and to restart a Windows service when it fails.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be improved as it is not real intuitive. It is not user-friendly. The interface, you have to get used to it. It takes awhile to get used to their interface and their administration panels.

It is a stable product. No problems.

No issues. It monitors hundreds of servers without a problem.

I would give their tech support a four or five out of 10, because the problem is their tech support is in India. Sometimes it takes time to get back to you and explain the issue. We usually speak with the second tier support.

It came down to how much things cost. At the time, it was very cheap compared to the other products out there.

Its pretty straightforward, but to get down into the lowest levels, it is not intuitive. You have to work at it to sometimes find what you want.

We had training. We had WebExs with them and that did help.

I was not involved in the evaluation, but I am assuming it was a group of products.

What other advice do I have?

There are a lot of valuable features.