eG Enterprise Review

Quickly showed us what part of the network was down, but UI and dashboards need improvement

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't really had an issue per se, but there was a time when we had some network devices that were down, and eG showed us pretty quickly that that part of the network was down.

What is most valuable?

The Exchange monitoring module. It gives good insight into inside of what's going on with Exchange.

What needs improvement?

One thing that I don't like about eG is like the interface. It's not really that user-friendly to make a change, or to navigate through. It's just not intuitive, in my opinion.

I think the biggest thing would be to make it easier for an admin to go in and make changes. Specifically when there's an alert, to be able to drill through more easily than the way you do it now. For example, when you're looking at something in the interface, the ability to move on to the next item, you can't do it through a right-click, or it's not easy to find how to get to the next step. You have to just know where things are. There are no links to things intuitively.

Specifically, I would say, they need to completely change the look and feel. That's the main thing. The product, for the most part, works. But dashboards are difficult to create, and not so useful. So, look and feel, and then dashboards. And easier to set up. Easier to navigate.

It's a stable product.

No issues with scalability.

I have not yet needed to call tech support.

We had nothing before.

It was very complex. It just took a long time to set up. For whatever reasons, sometimes things wouldn't work in the beginning. And there are so many steps to take. It's just a complex product. To get it to work is not easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that you need a good amount of time to implement the product, so just be patient.

I would give it about a seven out of 10 because of the complexity of making changes, the complexity of setting up, and non-intuitive menus and links.