Ekahau Site Survey Review

What is most valuable?

Importing DWG files that identify the types of walls, doors, glass, and other structural materials is valuable. The other useful tool is the ability to enter the exact model number of an access point to get accurate planning information.

How has it helped my organization?

We can do a predictive survey in half the time it used to take, now that we can import CAD files and identify wall types.

What needs improvement?

• Being able to import BIM files

I have used it for five years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent; always there to answer questions or assist with an issue; very open to feedback on how to improve the product.

Technical support is excellent.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The setup was straight forward.

An in-house team implemented it.

ROI was less than a year.

This product is priced aggressively compared to other products; well worth the investment.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated AirMagnet.

1 Comment
Alex-WilsonReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

While it is very easy to import a DWG file, be careful with how the file has been designed. You can assign wall types on import but if the CAD designer failed to separate the types of walls, you won't be able to set them up right. I have also found some designers use a "wall" not only as a wall but also as a partition, a counter, a door, etc. Just be aware of these challenges. It is a great option if the CAD file is set up right.

05 July 17