ELK Elasticsearch Review

Powerful, graphical, good customer support and full featured

What is our primary use case?

I am using this product for a SIM solution.

What is most valuable?

Their anomaly detection engine is really good for example, compared to SolarWinds. You can ingest different pipelines. You have dashboards, it is visual, there are maps, you can create canvases. It's more visual than anything that I've ever used.

What needs improvement?

I have not been using the solution for many years to know exactly the improvements needed. However, they could simplify how the YML files have to be structured properly. If you want to ingest certain logs, you need to edit the YML file and connect it to your modules to start ingesting and parsing the end-user logs. Doing this is sometimes difficult and could be streamlined.

I have been using the product for approximately three months.

The customer service is very good.

I have used SolarWinds in the past.

What other advice do I have?

The solution has a lot of features. They have machine learning jobs they can implement, I'm not there yet, but I can use anomaly detection to see there are various processes that can find users that aren't supposed to log onto certain machines. All of these features are visual and graphical. I can show it as a bar chart, a pie chart, I can Instagram, or I can split chart. The power to see everything on the front end is so much more powerful.

I rate ELK Elasticsearch a ten out of ten.

Latest version
More ELK Elasticsearch reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk User Behavior Analytics
Learn what your peers think about ELK Elasticsearch. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.