ELK Logstash Review

Has good scalability and is consistently stable

What is our primary use case?

We are using ELK Logstash for application log management and fault detection.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we have found the most valuable is scalability.

What needs improvement?

The process of designing dashboards is a little cumbersome in Kibana. Unless you are an expert, you will not be able to use it. The process should be pretty straightforward.

The authentication feature is what we are looking for. We would love to have a central authentication system in the open-source edition without the need for a license or an enterprise license. If they can give at least a simple authentication system within a company. In a large organization, authentication is very essential for security because logs can contain a lot of confidential data. Therefore, an authentication feature for who accesses it should be there.

We have been using ELK Logstash for nearly three years.

It's quite stable. We have not seen it going down at all for the last three years. It's working well consistently.

Scalability is very good.

We have not taken the technical support at all, so we have been supporting ourselves. We are using the open-source edition, and we are supporting ourselves.

The initial setup was very straightforward for us because we are a software development company. We understand how to compile the source code. We can compile the source code, and we can deploy it. It was pretty straightforward for us.

What other advice do I have?

You should know this solution pretty well. You need to be clear beforehand for what you are going to use this product. This is not something that you can use generally for anything and everything. You should be really clear in terms of your requirements.

I would rate ELK Logstash a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud