ELK Logstash Review

Good visualization, but more automation is needed

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider, and use this solution to work with our customers.

We use this solution for collecting firewall logs and then supplying them to the log analyzer.

We are running Fortinet FortiGate for our firewall, and these are the logs that we are analyzing. Normally, we have a problem with the visualization part.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps us because we can find all of the logs in one place. We can easily find a specific log in a specific time period.

What is most valuable?

The visualization is very good.

What needs improvement?

There are connectors to gather logs for Windows PCs and Linux PCs, but if we have to get the logs from Syslog then we have to do it manually, and this should be automated.

It would be good if I could get technical support for specific devices. I think that Windows should have some specific connectors. When we implemented a new product, we had to create it manually.

The stability of this solution is fine.

This solution is scalable.

We have approximately two hundred users and we do not plan to increase usage at this time.

We had not contacted technical support for this solution.

We have used other SIEM solutions in our company.

On week is enough for the deployment.

We performed the integration ourselves.

We are using the free, open-source version of this solution.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are interested in learning more about plugins for specific firewalls or other products.

The only problem with this solution is the development part, where we have to do it manually.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.