ELK Logstash Review

Easy to update and maintain with a simple query language

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily used for log services and network appliances. Our director proposed that we buy six virtual machines with the six logs and about three bytes of storage. We use the solution on this.

What is most valuable?

The feature that helps us to create a report for the login testing of Logstash is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

The query is very fast and the reports are very clean. We got a log for about 1,500 services and the report was ready right away.

The query language is very simple.

The reports can be written it in a few minutes. It's perfect.

What needs improvement?

We don't like the SIEM in version 7. It was introduced about three months ago, and it's not what we need.

The machine learning is not included in the free version. It is only included in the Platinum or Gold versions. It would be helpful if the machine learning features were available even on the free version of the solution. RSA and IBM are other solutions that also offer machine learning, which is interesting for us, but they cost money.

I've been using the solution for about one year.

The solution is very stable. It's been great. We haven't had issues with bugs, glitches or crashes that made us worry about the stability.

The solution is very easy to scale.

We've never used technical support. If I have problems or questions, I search Google to find a solution.

I didn't previously use a different solution. So far, I've only tried a free trial for this solution that will last three months.

The solution was not complex to set up. It was quite straightforward. We found the process very easy.

Our deployment only took a few days. As I recall, it was maybe two days. It wasn't too long.

We only need one person for deployment and maintenance.

I handled the implementation myself as support for the setup of the solution was not included. I didn't use any integrators or resellers either.

You do have to pay for support. It's an additional fee. However, it's not very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

In the future, I only plan to use the on-premises and free community edition of the solution.

I'd recommend it this is a solution to other users. I recommend the free version. The one problem is that this solution has limited features. The Platinum is less expensive in respect to other solutions.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.