ELK Logstash Review

A stable solution for collecting authentication information from service providers

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is to gather authentication information and use it to determine which identity provider is breaking on which service provider. We store it as anonymized session information for each user.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to collect authentication information from service providers.

What needs improvement?

Configuring the server is difficult and can be improved.

I would like to have a high availability set up that is easy to configure. Anything that supports high availability or ease of deployment in a highly available environment would help to improve this solution.

I had been using Logstash for about three years. I am no longer using it but the people that I used to work with are.

We did not have any issues in terms of stability or performance.

Scalability was not a problem for us.

We did not have to contact technical support.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

Our deployment took quite some time but it was not because of Logstash issues. It was a more complex situation because we didn't have access to all of the nodes that we wanted to forward. So, it took between 10 and 15 months to deploy, although it was for administrative reasons as opposed to technical ones.

I had my own team for working with this solution but it was not for a single company. Our team was associated with a European partner and it was distributed around European cities.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this system is to set it up so that you can manage it remotely.

Overall, this product does what it is supposed to do, although there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud