ELK Logstash Review

Enables us to retrieve data from various servers and sources so we can detect errors

What is our primary use case?

We use Logstash to retrieve data from our servers, from different sources, to our Elastic Stack. There, Elastic Search allows us to search it, and we can visualize the data with Kibana.

What is most valuable?

I use the stack every morning to check the errors and it's just so clear. I don't see any disadvantage to using Logstash.

What needs improvement?

Our system architect has noticed a slowdown of the solution, but I don't see a slowdown.

One thing they could add is a quick step to enable users who don't have a solid background to build a dashboard and quickly search, without difficulty.

We have been using Elastic Stack for about three years.

The solution is stable. We also monitor the Elastic Stack health and it's been a while since we have had an issue. The stability doesn't cause any problems. It's good. We haven't had any major issues.

For now, we haven't had any problems. I'm just a user. I'm not the one responsible for the total solution. I use Kibana for the dashboard to detect any errors in our servers.

But for the future, perhaps we will need to scale our solution because we deploy new components and we implement new servers on Azure.

The solution is maintained by dedicated architects who provide us with a solid platform. There is no direct support from Elastic Stack. We don't have any issue or any problem which requires support.

I'm a system engineer. The architects who set up these solutions did it before I worked here.

I learned how to use it by doing searches and finding information about it.  I learned to use it very quickly. The documentation is very simple to use, as long as you have some technical background in computers.

Elastic Stack is an open-source tool. You don't have to pay anything for the components.

What other advice do I have?

Think carefully about how you will build the solution so that it is a high-availability solution. That is the trick when using Elastic Stack. Examine what your needs are.

I would rate Logstash at eight out of 10. I think the solution is really complete, with the components it has. It is a good solution.

More ELK Logstash reviews from users