EMC AppSync Review
It has a rather complicated setup process, but if you know how to manage it, it works extremely well.

What is most valuable?

Snap mirror and implementation with 3rd party backup software.

How has it helped my organization?

It gave us enough time to do the backup for big databases and mount them in a certain location, from there on tapes. So basically made the production database independent of the backups, so we could have the backup window larger.

What needs improvement?

Speed of the snapshots, the way how lun's are managed.

About 2 years.

Some issues with Luns management, luns weren't expired. Also issues with its own database. It didn't marked the unmounted databases and those had to be marked manually.

Yes. Periodically I needed to restart the agent on the client side and sometimes on the server side.

No issues.

Quite good, there was a very good specialist.

Technical support was the same with customer interaction.

I did. However the ones which was a little bit later it fixed some errors, no extra features offered.

Yes it was rather complex, way too many prerequisites.

I've took over the product with almost 0 knowledge about it. The person which handled this product left the company before any knowhow transfer so basically, I don't know who or in what conditions was implemented.

Don't know, software was bought and I was just managing it.

No. I was the person in charge to manage it and didn't consider other options.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: EMC partner and EMC customer
1 visitor found this review helpful