EMC Data Domain Review

Compatible with other backup software and has good deduplication and compression features

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model of this solution and sometimes the public cloud. Our primary use case is for on-prem backup and for replication servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the deduplication and compression and the Data Domain Boost feature. It's compatible with other backup software.

What needs improvement?

We have had deduplication and replication issues. When we used another backup software we noticed that it didn't have the same issues.

Our customers would like to enhanced deduplication and compression features with Veeam software.

It's stable.

In terms of the scalability, I would rate it a ten out of ten. It's better than average.

Their technical support is good. I would give it an eight out of ten. It could use enhancements.

The initial setup was straightforward. It only takes around fifteen minutes or less. We required five staff members for the implementation.

We used a service team for the implementation.

There are a lot of different models and each one has a different price. Some models require spending more on additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it 9.5 out of ten.