EMC NetWorker Review

The response time of the tech support is swift, but the security features need backup and encryption

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for our critical servers. We have servers across Unix and Linux environments. We back up our critical servers daily, some are scheduled and some are done manually.

What is most valuable?

It has deduplication capabilities, where you have two similar data sets. This helps to speed up backup processes because it takes a shorter amount of time to do a backup because it has the deduplication feature already. Though, you have to buy this deduplication software separately from the license.

What needs improvement?

The security features need backup and encryption. It would be nice if they added this feature. I would also like to be able to decrypt when restoring the security features. Hackers can sense these vulnerabilities today, and we need to have our enterprise prepared.

Overall, it isn't intuitive enough. It is a bit complex and not evolving with the technology.

More than five years.

The stability is 80 percent out of 100. It hardly goes down. When there are issues, we can check the logs and see how to resolve it. We have never had the whole system fail.

It is pretty scalable. This is not an issue.

The response time of the tech support is swift. The support is fantastic.

The initial setup was straightforward. The configuration was not difficult. We used user guides which helped us with best practices.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a solution, I always consider:

• Support
  • Availability of parts
  • The technology of the solution.
1 visitor found this review helpful