EMC RecoverPoint Continuous Remote Replication Review

A well priced, stable solution that doesn't use too much bandwidth

What is most valuable?

There are two features that are very good. One is that it doesn't use a lot of bandwidth. The other is that you can recover all the way up to a certain particular moment.

What needs improvement?

The solution normally supports only specific types and amounts of storage. If it could be increased to support much larger amounts or a wider range, it could fetch a bigger market. If the solution could work with other storage solutions, it would be better.

I would like them to add automation features across the solution.

I've been using the solution for more than five years.

The solution is very stable. Once it's installed, many customers forget they even have it.

The solution is very scalable. As long as you have room for the storage, it can scale up to meet it.

The solution is very simple to implement. Even a customer could do it. You don't have to be too technical.

The solution isn't too expensive. There are no other fees above licensing. Once you buy the license, because the license is attached to the storage that you are replicating, it's a one-off price.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product. It's good, especially for those who want to do replication and don't have a lot of money. It's a very good product and it uses very little bandwidth.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.