EMC VNX [EOL] Review

Enables hardware disk replication

How has it helped my organization?

VNX 5200 works well with a medium VMware cluster. It has good performance and enables hardware disk replication. This is great, because before that, the customer was using a software replication solution that had many problems.

What is most valuable?

From my point of view, the configuration that I can sell is restricted to the EMC best practices. It is hard to make a mistake in a solution. It means the configuration has good performance and scalability options.

What needs improvement?

VNX can improve by offering flexible upgrade options. It's not possible to add a single HDD to a current array and there are fixed rules to make upgrades.

When I work with other vendors like IBM, I can add a single disk to an array to get more capacity, it's simple. For VNX, you have to add a new array, not just a single disk.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

It is easy to scale.

I would rate the level of technical support as very good.

This storage solution replaced an IBM DS4700 and a V7000. They were outdated.

Review your needs and consider the right licensing.

More EMC VNX [EOL] reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.