What is most valuable?
- Auto Tiering: Ability to automatically move data from fast SSD drives to low cost disk drives and vise versa.
- Performance: Increase performance with FAST Cache (SSD), QoS and Auto Tiering.
- Unified storage: Provides capabilities for both block and file storage.
How has it helped my organization?
- Improved Performance: Since implementing VNX, we achieved a 10 times increase in the performance for its end users.
- Increased Scalability: As we continue to grow, VNX can scale to meet the needs of the growing business without compromising performance.
- Simplified Management: VNX's ease of use and Unisphere management software allow us to provision new storage in just minutes and instantly view its performance.
- Data Protection: VNX's replication solutions deliver comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery.
What needs improvement?
I think one area where we would like to see improvement is better deduplication and compression. Some other vendors offer better deduplication and compression ratios and performance.
For how long have I used the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No, I think VNX is one of the stable storage products available in the market.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
No. Very easy to scale, both capacity and performance-wise.
How are customer service and technical support?
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We had EMC Celerra (file storage) and Clariion (block storage). When EMC introduced VNX, it provided both file and block storage capabilities. It was a no brainer for us to replace our existing storage with VNX. VNX made storage management simple as well as the cost of maintenance went down from two storage arrays to one.
How was the initial setup?
EMC did the initial setup. Though VNX management is pretty straightforward. Utilizing Unisphere, we can provision storage in matter of minutes.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
From a licensing perspective, my advice to others would be to take a look at VNX Total Efficiency Pack. This unlocks all the features of VNX.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
My advice would be to do research on VNX application performance.
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.