Emc logo

EMC VNX Review
The auto-tiering helps in the speed of data access.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature is the auto-tiering, which helps in the speed of data access. We have a big VMware storage pool in each of our three arrays and we have never had users complain about response of any VM in our environment.

Improvements to My Organization:

It is very easy to create new storage for a new requirement. Adding more storage to an existing storage pool is very quick and easy.

Room for Improvement:

There is no easy way to defrag a RAID group. It would be nice to be able to reduce the size of a storage pool if the storage is not needed anymore.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for three years.

Deployment Issues:

The deployment was easy; we had EMC professional services help in the deployment.

Stability Issues:

No issues in stability.

Scalability Issues:

No issues in scaling up, but there is no way to reduce the size of a storage pool.

EMC's customer service is excellent.

Their technical support is great. They have been able to quickly help when I have encountered any issue with this platform.

Previous Solutions:

We were previously using the CX3 arrays. We switched because the CX3 was end of life and we needed a platform that could support more disk space growth.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was straightforward. But, we did have professional services help with the installation.

Implementation Team:

We used a vendor team.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Make sure you understand how the licensing works and that you are getting the right set of licenses if you need array-to-array replication.

Other Solutions Considered:

We also looked at the HPE 3PAR. I liked the array, but we stayed with the EMC product because we already knew how to manage it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About EMC VNX?

Our experts can help. 209,516 professionals have used our research on 5,563 solutions.