Entrinsik Informer Review

Provides users with a uniform interface even when data sources are from different systems

What is most valuable?

• Informer is or has become our standard reporting tool for all systems.
  • Finding links to data items within the file that one is reporting on.

How has it helped my organization?

Has allowed users to create their own reports and to make changes to reports. I.E: Custom when needed or wanted.

What needs improvement?

• Better on line/within product help maybe a e-Learning session for users.
  • Can you get stats on report usage by users who are running the reports - would help to find reports that were created for a one time use and are no longer needed. Like a listing of who was the last run by and date - across all who logged in to Informer.

Almost 3 years

No, Once in a while I heare that the server will need to be re-booted to re-set connections to all data bases.

Have not had the need to do so yet.

Have not relied on support yet.

Have not relied on support yet, a colleague reports no problems dealing with support.

Not here, This was installed when I came here. I have used other reporting tools and Informer is a better product that what I have at another job site.

As I stated was not here for the setup/start up. My Initial learning was a little rough.

I think we used a vendor team.

I support this product and only deal with it a few hours a month or so.

Before me.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to have a report version tool - to log what reports are run and by who. This wou;d be helpful.

1 visitor found this review helpful