Entrinsik Informer Review

Informer is easy to setup, easy to use, and our users love it.

What is most valuable?

• We needed to be able to report off of a UniData database and Informer was the best tool to do that. Since they have added support for other databases it is now used to report off of all of our databases.
  • The report scheduler has been valuable. Before Informer users could not schedule their reports.
  • End user customization. The ability for the end users to customize their reports to how they want them to look is a great feature.
  • The ability to combine data on the same report from multiple data sources.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Informer our reporting system looked like something out of the 1980's. Users hated the way reports were run, how they looked, and how long it took to develop a new report. Since implementing Informer our users are much happier with reporting. Many of our users are able to create their own reports and all of our users are able to modify their reports to change sorting, grouping, column layout, add/remove columns, etc.

What needs improvement?

We have a lot of reports in Informer and many of them are old and no longer in use. I am reluctant to delete old reports because occasionally we will grab an old report and modify it for a specific need but I would like the ability to archive reports so they don't show up in the general list of reports. It would also be nice to have the option to archive all reports that haven't been run in X number of days.

5+ years

Deployment was incredibly easy. We had Informer running and producing reports the first day we had it.

It's been pretty stable.

Entrinsik provides excellent customer service.

Entrinsik provides excellent technical support.

We used native UniData reporting. We switched for many reasons, Informer has more security than the native DB reporting, it is far more end-user customizable, users can schedule their own reports, users can export the data to many formats without IT programming the export, etc.

The initial setup was super easy. The installation documentation was good and the user documentation was easy to understand.

We implemented in-house.

Informer has been one of the best purchases we have made. The other reporting options we had were all very expensive and cumbersome systems. Informer was an easy decision.

I can't remember what our initial cost was but it was far less than any of the other options we looked at. The day to day cost is pretty minimal. The annual maintenance is very reasonable for the benefit we receive from Informer.

We evaluated Safari and MITS. Our options were limited because our database runs on UniData but Informer was easily the best of our options.

What other advice do I have?

It is well worth your time to install the software and "kick the tires". Entrinsik has a free trial of the software and it is easy to install and get started writing reports.

More Entrinsik Informer reviews from users