Entrinsik Informer Review

Very User Friendly

What is most valuable?

The live excel function has been our most valuable as we can push out reports that program people can run anytime they want. It has taken the burden for tracking performance off IT/IR and placed it back with the program, where it should be.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Informer, data was difficult for end-users to obtain on their own. They also struggled with asking for exactly what they were interested in learning. Consequently, decisions were often made with old, lacking, or erroneous data. As we expand Informer usage, end-users can call about a query, ask to have a different field added to it, and IR can immediatlely make that change. The process is much faster and a better line of communication has been developed between those needing data and those providing it.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we think Informer is running slowly, but I suspect that has more to do with how we have it installed at our institution.

Six Years

Deployment would have been faster if we had already had a data dictionary created. We opted to not add all Datatel/Ellucian fields to Informer; to only add those fields that are filled with real and accurate data. The data dictionary created held up our deployment and is something that we are still working on from time to time.

EXCELLENT - any time we contact support, they are very quick to respond and will stay with the issue until you are satisfied.

No, we shopped around on the front end, and Entrinsik Informer was the choice we made.

Straightforward - closer to "out-of-the-box" than any other product I have been involved with at my institution.

In-house for the initial implementation but we have hired a vendor team for training and initial creation of our dashboards. Their expertise is just that - expert!

iStragegies, Crystal Reports

What other advice do I have?

Get it - you won't be disappointed!