Entrinsik Informer Review

A workhorse for reporting that is intuitive and user friendly.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is intuitive and simple. I rarely have to ask for help from IT to use this software.

The ability to create custom scripts in Java is wonderful and though I know very little Java I still find this useful to have this flexibility.

The forum is helpful, especially for finding Java code that I can use or modify for my needs.

How has it helped my organization?

The Live Excel feature is a wonderful tool. It has allowed me to automate many reports that I used to run over and over and let the end-users be able to run them whenever they want on their own. They love not having to come back to me to ask for the same data, but for a new term. With Live Excels they can just enter the new value and the report refreshes with live data.

What needs improvement?

There are some features that are available in Informer that aren't available in the Live Excel documents that are created. It would be nice to have the ability to have all the feature in the Live Excel documents.

3 years

This is not my area of expertise as I did not deploy this software, but as far as I know I have not heard of any issues.

No, the system runs very reliably and is stable 99% of the time. Whenever there do seem to be interruptions they seem to be more related to our network issues rather than any fault of the software itself.

This is not my area of expertise as I am not the software administrator, but as far as I know I have not heard of any issues.

They have been great the few times I needed to check with them. I have not had to contact them very often so this also is a testimony to the quality of product that Informer is.

I was used to using TELNET (colon prompt) for all my reporting before we adopted Informer. At first, the graphic user interface seemed slower and more cumbersome, but over time I've realized that tools like the Live Excels and the ability to connect between different files in the database seamlessly make up more than enough for the slower graphic user interface instead of a command prompt.

What other advice do I have?

Entrinsik Informer is a great solution. As an end user and heavy report writer I find it useful and intuitive. Compared to other solutions I have used in the past, I find Informer to be the best. I couldn't imagine doing my work without this great tool!

1 visitor found this review helpful