eSentire Review

Cost-effective, scalable, and provides good security and response in real-time

What is our primary use case?

In my previous company, we used the Cyclops server to connect to eSentire to filter traffic going out of and coming into our network. It was like a firewall behind a firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

It provided very good security for us at the time. It was cost-effective and not very expensive.

What is most valuable?

The Managed Detection and Response (MDR) feature was really good and most valuable. We were handling very sensitive data, and we needed a quick response in real-time, which eSentire provided. It was also cost-effective, and their SOC team was very responsive.

What needs improvement?

Its GUI can be a lot better.

It is stable enough. We didn't come across any bugs.

It is scalable. You can easily add it to other networks around the globe. We did it only in one data center in London. It was used by our whole monitoring team.

Their SOC team was very responsive. Their Email support is sufficient. Sending them emails was enough. They fixed the issues quickly.

We only used eSentire in that company. I also have experience with another MDR solution, but it was more complex than eSentire.

It was straightforward, but it requires good technical know-how. The person who is installing and managing eSentire on the network should have good knowledge and experience. It is not complex, but you need to know what you are doing.

The deployment took a day. The deployment and configuration took about two or three days.

We had two people for its deployment. The eSentire team was very helpful.

In terms of maintenance, it does not require frequent maintenance. eSentire was responsible for the upgrades, and we upgraded it only once.

We got a very good ROI. Someone had downloaded a virus from an email, but our antivirus didn't catch it. It was eSentire that found it, which was a very good ROI. Being able to sleep well at night knowing that eSentire is guarding everything that goes in and out of your network was also a good ROI.

It was cost-effective and not very expensive. Licensing was on a yearly basis. There were no additional costs to the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. They should go ahead and implement it. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using eSentire is that MDRs are not appreciated enough.

I would rate eSentire an eight out of ten. It is a very good solution from a good company, but there is always room for improvement.

4.0
Find out what your peers are saying about eSentire, Arctic Wolf Networks, FireEye and others in Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.