ESET Endpoint Antivirus Review

Works fine, pretty stable, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to protect our endpoints and servers.

What is most valuable?

It has been working fine. It lets you know when it finds things. We didn't have any incident where the place had to shut down or was taken over by anything. We haven't had any issues that we know of.

What needs improvement?

It seems to have some issues with updates. When you do updates, it sometimes requests for a reboot, and even when you do the reboot, it still says that you need to reboot. Currently, on my computer, it says that a new ESET Endpoint Antivirus has been installed, and I need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, but I've already done that, and the same message is still there, which is a little annoying.

It should have a feature similar to the Intercept X feature in Sophos.

I have been using this solution for a little over a year.

Overall, it seems pretty stable.

As far as I know, it is scalable. Currently, we have 30 users in our company. We don't have any plans to increase its usage. We're pretty static here.

I haven't had to deal with their tech support. We would go through the MSP, and the MSP generally interfaces with them.

We were using Sophos. Our MSP had a bad experience with it, so we decided to go with ESET Endpoint Antivirus. We get it through our MSP, and it was a part of the package, and that's why we dropped Sophos.

Sophos had Intercept X on the server-side to protect the files on the server, but we had to pay extra for it to be on the endpoints. We at least had the server version, which was kind of cool.

It was straightforward. Our MSP has a script, and when you run the script, it kind of gets installed automatically. It also gets configured with their systems. It was pretty easy.

Our MSP is Tech Kollective, and they're very responsive.

It probably is less expensive than Sophos.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ESET Endpoint Antivirus an eight out of ten.

8.0.2028.0
Find out what your peers are saying about ESET, GoSecure, WatchGuard and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.