ESET Endpoint Encryption Review

A stable solution with good support that assists us with GDPR compliance

What is our primary use case?

We have many projects that contain personal and confidential data that we have to protect. When we perform searches, we need to have the data encrypted because it protects our clients. It is also part of the GDPR compliance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that everything is done on the server. When we send data to our clients, they cannot do anything that we do not allow.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the server console is very slow, so the performance could be improved.

The documentation is in need of improvement.

Scalability needs to be improved because we have a lot of computers and it is affecting us.

A lot of spam emails still get through, so I think that this is an area that can be improved.

There is a bug with the licensing that has been a problem for at least a couple of years, which is something that they need to fix.

We have been using ESET Endpoint Encryption for the past four or five years.

This solution is very stable.

With respect to scalability, this is something that ESET needs to improve. We have a lot of computers operating both onsite and offsite, and things such as the licensing are a problem for us. We have approximately 50 users.

The technical support is very good. They are responsive and fast.

We were using Symantec Endpoint Protection prior to using ESET.

My understanding is that the setup was not too complex. The solution was deployed in about two days.

One of our administrators took care of the implementation.

One or two people are required for maintenance.

We evaluated many different solutions before settling on ESET.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to have a good knowledge of what it is that you want to do. If all of the policies have been decided with respect to what you want to allow, and what you do not want to allow, then it will be easy to deploy this solution on all of the clients.

With any product, there is always something that can be improved.

More ESET Endpoint Encryption reviews from users