ESET Endpoint Security Review

Capable of quickly detecting malware and remotely shutting down a computer

What is our primary use case?

I use it to protect my servers.

What is most valuable?

The potential threat protection feature is the most valuable. In the event that one of my computers is not on the network and gets a virus, ESET Endpoint Security quickly detects the malware, and in most cases, it removes the virus. It also has the ability to remotely shut down the computer. I like the remote control part the most.

What needs improvement?

The use of SQL Server can be improved. At times, there is a bit of challenge while linking it with the Javascript.

ESET Endpoint Security requires modern technology or modern equipment on site. You will find it difficult to use ESET Endpoint Security with dual-core machines.

If they can add the cloud management feature to their product, it will be much easier. If you look at this COVID situation that we are in right now, people are working from home, so you need to control the computers wherever you are. For example, if you are using any email setup and you are hosting it on your own, all the email traffic will be going through the same network. You need to protect all of your computers from the attack. It is best if you can do it remotely rather than having an IT person to come onsite to manage all computers and metrics etc, which isn't a smart way to do it.

I have been using ESET Endpoint Security for about six years.

It is a stable product.

It is scalable. I have had at least 20 users, and I never exceeded 50 users.

I don't really have much experience with them. Because of my almost six years of experience with this product, I am able to troubleshoot a lot of issues.

I hardly had any problems. It could be because of the experience with time.

The deployment time depends on the speed of the network. To install it to a standalone workstation, it didn't take me more than 5 minutes to complete the process.

I installed it myself. It gets easier with experience. In the beginning, I required some assistance. I raised some queries online and got a response. I then found someone who is probably certified to do the installation. Now, I can install it on my own. I have also been helping my clients.

It is subjective. I don't think it is expensive.  If you can have 10 user licenses for less than $100, I don't think it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We definitely plan to continue using this solution. For my clients with small businesses, I really recommend this solution.

I would rate ESET Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

More ESET Endpoint Security reviews from users