ESET Endpoint Security Review

Fast virus detection, powerful firewall, and stability exceptional

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an antivirus, a local firewall, and anti-malware protection.

What is most valuable?

The best features of this solution are the fast anti-malware and antivirus detection, and the powerful local firewall.

What needs improvement?

In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great. The interface is too complicated, our clients contact us because they are not able to do some tasks such as updating. In addition, updating the toolkit and detection feature would be advantageous.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability is the best.

A lot of our customers are small businesses but we did not have issues with scalability with the solution.

I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product.

The setup is complicated, there are too many elements to configure.

One of our customers who was scheduled to renew 120 licenses in March, is evaluating other solutions because they must have one that is fully in the cloud. ESET is AWS implementation, it is not a true cloud solution.

We have some other customers that are evaluating other solutions such as Broadcom, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Microsoft. Additionally, some of our larger business customers with more users are evaluating F-Secure.

If I was to compare ESET and Symantec, one of the enormous differences is Symantec provides a cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We have had a reduction of customers for this product do to the pandemic slowing down operations.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More ESET Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.