ESET Endpoint Security Review

A reliable anti-malware and security suite for small, midsize, and large businesses

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our endpoints from malware, zero-day attack, etc.

What is most valuable?

It has a clean and clear interface. The performance on the endpoint, no matter the system, its resource usage is low. We have pretty good detection, at least I feel that we don't have any major infections — we love it.

We can use this solution to perform lots of tasks, like upgrading. We can integrate with Windows. Some of the patches don't update by default, by Microsoft. We can do some software installations, in-store — which is pretty easy. Whenever we upgrade, our lives become much easier.

What needs improvement?

ESET Endpoint Security should offer more integration with multi-attack frameworks. This is very important for large corporate businesses as it would provide protection against hackers, data breaches, etc.

I have been using this solution for roughly 12 years.

We experience some stability issues from time to time, but we can't confirm it's due to ESET. Some system tasks read past some script which makes it difficult for developing custom tasks. For normal installations, it's fine.

ESET Endpoint Security should be able to integrate with DLP better — that would be great. They already have EDR, but we don't use it. Some have more DLP functionality than others.

They have local support here, so they're pretty good. They seem to know what we need. Overall, I'd say their support is very good.

After we upgraded to version six, it's been pretty easy to continue upgrading. It's pretty straightforward to upgrade and install. 10 years ago, this wasn't the case. We had to install each upgrade one by one.

I think it's available for a pretty fair price. If you know how to use it, then it's a very fair price for what you get.

What other advice do I have?

They provide a free trial version. Install it and try it for yourself to see the performance and test the detection capabilities. Then you can see the result; that's what I remember the first time I tried ESET.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ESET Endpoint Security a rating of nine.

Version 8
More ESET Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.