ESET Endpoint Security Review

Stable with a quick installation process and good MDM features

What is our primary use case?

I install the solution in mobile devices to secure smartphones and to manage these devices as ESET has MDM, Mobile Device Management. I also use the product for data encryption.

What is most valuable?

I like the central console and the Cloud platform.

The solution has very useful MDM features.

The solution is quite stable. It offers good performance.

The solution scales well if you need it to.

I found the installation process to be quite quick.

What needs improvement?

There are some new antivirus technologies that rely on AI, artificial intelligence. ESET does not have this technology right now. Maybe it's going to. It would be ideal if they followed the lead of other products and added AI into their service offering in the future. Adding AI would allow them to add extra security and to have more intelligent protection services.

I've recently installed the product. It's only been a few days. I've tried the product before and have worked with it on and off over the last 10 to 12 years or so.

The stability has been very good so far. It doesn't crash or freeze. I haven't noted any bugs or glitches. It's been good.

The product has the capability to scale. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so without any issues.

I've only tried about ten devices so far, however. Therefore, I haven't really attempted to scale very much just yet. We have about 50 users on the solution right now. We do plan to increase usage in the future.

We don't have any experience with technical support. We've never used them. I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

We previously used Kaspersky.

The initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward.

Overall, the deployment process is quick. It took a few minutes.

We have about three administrators that can handle any maintenance if it is required.

I handled the installation myself. I did not need a consultant or an integrator to assist me.

We do have to pay a license fee in order to use the solution. I can't speak to the exact costs.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using. I don't have the version number on-hand. As I installed it a few days ago, it's likely I have downloaded the latest version.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. For the most part, we've had a very positive experience.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

More ESET Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.