ESET Endpoint Security Review

ERA Web Console enables us to create reports, monitor/administer clients and servers

What is our primary use case?

This ESET environment consists of the ERA Web Console for remote administration of client computers and servers, and Apache HTTP Proxy to distribute updates to client computers. AD environment consists of about 250 client computers and 30 servers, and everything works perfectly for now.

How has it helped my organization?

ESET is recognized as one of the best in the security field. It provides a high level of security and the ERA Web Console increases productivity because we can do all we need to do with clients from one central place. And we have plenty of options for those clients.

What is most valuable?

What is great about ESET is the ERA Web Console through which we can pull various reports, and monitor and administer all clients and servers. In addition, the console is easy to use.

The most valuable feature for us is the ability to create custom reports. Also, they are not exclusively related to antivirus and group synchronization from AD, so we can have the same group structure on AD and ESET.

Another feature that we like is setting the GUI of ESET Endpoint Security/ESET File Security to silent mode because some servers and clients can have performance issues. For example, the ekrn.exe process, from time to time, consumes a lot of CPU, so it is great that we can put this process on silent mode.

From the Dashboard, we have a quick view of real-time status, and if we are in hurry, the ERA Web Console will send us a notification with the current situation so we don't need to waste time connecting to the console.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve licensing for VMs. When ESET is uninstalled from a VM, the seat stays on the license management server. We have to manually delete the seat from that server because it doesn't know how to handle it. I contacted exclusive ESET support here in Croatia and they told me there is no solution for this yet.

We haven't encountered any issues with stability.

We haven't encountered any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a 10 out of 10. It is fast and professional.

Initial setup is simple, there are no undefined options that confuse you and every step is well explained.

What other advice do I have?

Gives you a reliable endpoint security product with high security standards and easy administration from everywhere.