ESET Endpoint Security Review

Affordable and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for the management of our staff, their laptops, and endpoint devices. We're not using it for any mobile devices, such as phones or tablets. Instead, we're using it for the endpoint protection and security of endpoint devices like laptops specifically.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use and simple to navigate.

The product is quite affordable.

The implementation process is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

It may be a bit early to tell if there is anything lacking. I'm still getting myself oriented... We're using it for some of its basic features. However, as we get to use it and understand its broader feature-set and experience, there might be more to comment on in terms of improvement requests.

It would be ideal if it could detect threats sooner.

The integration capabilities might be lacking a bit. We were expecting it to be a bit more robust.

We've been using the solution for the past three months.

We have about 15 people using the product in our office.

We've never used technical support. We go through our partners if we need any assistance. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive their support would be.

The solution was pretty simple to set up. It was quite quick as well. I'd say it's quite easy to install and implement.

You don't need too many people to deploy and maintain the solution. We might have about three or so people who can handle those duties. Of course, then there were people from our side involved in defining some of those policies, et cetera.

We had one of our partners assist us with the implementation process.

The pricing is very reasonable. We do have to pay for a license. We have purchased a yearly license for ESET.

We did not look at other solutions prior to choosing this product. We had some machines that were well protected and some that weren't. Some came with some basic antiviruses, some didn't have anything or some were expired. Overall, we probably weren't really using anything, at least on a standard basis.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers or end-users. We don't have a business relationship with ESET.

Since the solution is cloud-based, we're always using the most up-to-date version.

In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. We still need time to explore it as it's still quite new.

I'd recommend the solution to other users or companies.

More ESET Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with McAfee Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.