ESET Endpoint Security Review

Easy to use, proactive protection, has a good management center, and free training is available

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and this is one of the products that we use ourselves, as well as recommend it to other companies.

The primary use case is as an anti-virus.

How has it helped my organization?

This product is very good at what it does. It's very pro-active and not reactive.

If you're running a company, it makes administration a lot easier.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the management. The management center to it is fantastic. I set it up so that it goes over the internet from one site to another, and they're all held centrally.

I don't need to tamper with this solution every day. Rather, it lets me know when there is a problem and then sorts it out.

It has a continually updated database of heuristics for virus detection.

In addition to anti-virus, it will tell you whether your machine needs updates. It will send a red flag if your OS is out of date, or if there are any viruses.

This solution is very easy to use.

ESET will provide you with free training if you need it.

What needs improvement?

Everything has some kind of room for improvement.

Technical support for this solution is wonderful. The team is very good.

I have used nearly all of these kinds of solutions throughout my career, and this is the one that I tend to go back to because it's all there. Specifically, I have used AVG, Norton, Avast, and BullGuard.

ESET does not have a heavy footprint like Norton.

When I first tried ESET many years ago, it was not as straightforward to use, but it was very good for administration and networks. The fact that it would scan the entire structure of the machine and any drives, in a corporate situation, was quite valuable. After this, I started using it myself and realized just how easy it is to use.

The initial setup of this solution can be a bit confusing if you don't know what you're doing. That said, if you're buying this solution then you are planning on rolling it out across a complete network. In this case, you will have the relevant knowledge so it's quite easy

This solution is a good value for the money.

Cisco has been marketing its Umbrella solution, and it is a very good product, but it is also very expensive. It is not economical, whereas ESET falls perfectly right across the board in terms of price and functionality.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good, all-in product. Even the home, end-user products by this vendor are very good. If you're serious about endpoint security then this is the only product you will need because it's a one-stop solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.