ESET Endpoint Security Review

Protects our local computers from viruses and malware

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect our local computers from viruses and malware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is malware protection, specifically in relation to mail.

What needs improvement?

The solution should offer more security surrounding blacklisted websites.

It would be good if they had some sort of solution or feature that helped deal with files infected by ransomware which could be detected by the user.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The stability of the solution is good.

In Egypt, it doesn't appear to be a scalable antivirus. I'm not sure if it's advertised to be or not. Right now, we have 110 users in our company using the solution. We may increase usage to 300 users.

Technical support has been very good. They're quick to respond to any problems.

We didn't previously use a different solution. I did use Kapersky at a different company, but I didn't find it as secure.

The initial setup is very easy. Deployment took about five minutes. You don't need more than that to tune it and make everything work properly. You only need one person for administration purposes once the solution is set up.

I handled the implementation myself.

Currently, we are running on a three-year license. The pricing might be around $20,000. There aren't any costs above the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution. The security is good and it's easy to install even on an enterprise level.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.