ESET Endpoint Security Review

Antivirus protection with good support but needs to include IPS Firewall

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for antivirus protection.

We are currently in the process of installation of the Endpoint Detection and Response.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the sandbox, mail scanning, sandboxing attachments, files, and that it responds to VPN porting.

What needs improvement?

The IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) Firewall is not available. The solution includes only Intrusion Detection and not IPS, which is an important feature that is missing in my version.

In the next release, I would like to see the IPS Firewall included, as well as the VPN porting and Intelligence services. I would also like to see end-user behavior and not just antivirus.

I have been working with ESET Endpoint Security for two years.

This solution is stable.

We are just now in the installation process so we have not explored this area.

We have 1000 endpoints.

We have technical support in Isreal through a reseller. It's okay, they are good.

Previously I was using SEP, Symantec Endpoint Security, Check Point Endpoint Security, and Sophos. They are all very high-level.

The company decided to try ESET, so we will have to wait and see.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's still a very new product so I don't have all of the information. Maybe in a month or two, I will know more.

There are many differences with other solutions such as IPS Firewall, VPN, cloud management, and multi-level cloud management, that I cannot compare as I have not yet experienced all of these areas with ESET.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.